Spring Is in the Air!
When the birds are chirping, the trees are beginning to bloom, we all are anxious to greet the beauty of springtime. There‘s only one thing better…and that‘s welcoming all of our new residents to Waterstone! We‘re delighted you‘ve chosen our community and hope you will be very happy in your new home. If we can assist you in any way, please don‘t hesitate to let us know. We too, want to brighten your day!
Daylight Saving Time Begins
Get ready to spring forward into longer days and warmer weather. Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 am on Sunday, March 8th. Don‘t forget to set your clocks forward one hour before going to bed Saturday night.
Checking Out the Checklists
Need to get organized? SimplyChecklists.com can help you with just about any kind of checklist you want to create. The site generates numerous categories including travel, pets, emergencies, and education. Click on the category you want and you will be given an array of choices. Do you want to make a checklist for a cruise you’ll be taking? If so, a checklist is generated and you select the items you want included. Then print and only the items you chose will appear on your list. It’s easy to use and helps you keep everything in, well… check.
Driving is No Time to Multitask
It’s no surprise that talking on the phone while driving is distracting. But now researchers at the University of Warwick have quantified it. A mobile phone conversation impairs a driver’s visual attention so much that it can add more than 18 feet to the braking distance of a car traveling 60 MPH and cause 83 percent more errors in driving. What’s more, these findings apply even to drivers who are merely listening on the phone and using hands-free devices.
Happening in March…
- National Women‘s History Month. Museums, galleries, and libraries across the nation will be celebrating the struggles and accomplishments of women throughout history. Make time to attend cultural events in your area to learn stories of these great ladies.
- National Day of Unplugging, Sundown March 6-Sundown March 7. Remember what life was like before everyone had a smartphone? Somehow we managed to have meaningful face-to-face conversations and get to places on time without getting lost. Unplug and live authentically for these 24 hours.
- Pi Day, March 14. It‘s a never-ending number: 3.14159…And it‘s Albert Einstein‘s birthday.
- St. Patrick‘s Day, March 17. Celebrate Irish heritage and culture on this day in honor of the uncanonized saint who brought Christianity to Ireland.
- Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, March 26. Why not observe a cause that‘s near and dear to your heart?
- Take a Walk in the Park Day, March 30.Walking is a great way to decrease stress. Take a break to enjoy the scenery and breathe the fresh spring air today.